Saturday, September 6, 2008

Favre Vs. The Packers, Round (Week) One

So what are you more excited about this weekend: the debut of the New York Jets' new quarterback, or the debut of the Green Bay Packers' new quarterback?

Or the debut of the Miami Dolphins' new quarterback? (Joey?)

Personally, I'm just as excited to watch Favre's debut with the Jets as I am to see the Packers begin the post-Favre era on Monday. Does that make me a weak Packers fan, or a strong Favre fan? Or just another Wisconsin football fan struggling to come to grips with reality?

It's funny to think that exactly a year ago, most Packer fans were not predicting a winning season (let alone a trip to the NFC Championship game - for the record, I predicted that last year's team would finish with a winning record and make the playoffs, but I digress).

Here are a few fearless predictions for the 2008 NFL season:

-Green Bay finishes 9-7 and grabs a Wild Card spot in the playoffs.

-New York Jets finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

-Miami Dolphins finish 5-11, and Joey suffers from low self-esteem.

-Brett Favre puts up better numbers than Aaron Rodgers. Ted Thompson suffers from insomnia.

-I finish in the top 3 of both of my fantasy leagues.

No comments: